NITI Aayog Full-Form
NITI Aayog Full-Form (National Institution for Transforming India)
The Twelfth Five Year Plan ended on 31st March 2017, which was extended by 6 months (4th Oct 2017) for enabling ministries to complete their appraisals. NITI Aayog, introduced in 2015 aimed at expanding the role of the states, making the state’s role more positive in collaboration with the Centre. The formation of NITI Aayog was an innovative and remarkable step to reinforce the principles of federalism and decentralization of power, It also aims to accelerate economic growth and development. Resolution of NIT Aayog was sanctioned on 1st January 2015, but its actual execution started after the completion of 12th five-year plan.
- Microeconomic Definition | Historical Review of Microeconomics
- Scope Or Nature of Microeconomics
- Features of Microeconomics
- Importance of Microeconomics
As a premier policy ‘Think-tank’ of the Government of India, NITI Aayog aims to evolve a shared vision of national development with the active involvement of states. It fosters cooperative federalism through structural support and policy guidance to the states on a continuous basis.
Think-tank is a group of experts who are gathered together by an organisation, especially by a Government in order to consider various problems, try and work out ways to solve them.
Following are the Pillars of NITI Aayog
1) Vision Document of India.
2) Appraisal Document of 12th five-year Plan.
3) Transforming India Lecture series organized by NITI Aayog.
4) Doubling of Farmers’ Income.
5) Outcome Budget and Output-Outcome Framework.
6) Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017
7) Launching of Programme to transform identified aspirational districts.