12th OCM 2nd chapter exercise (Functions of Management) Maharashtra Board – Free Solution
12th OCM 2nd chapter exercise
Chapter 2 – Functions of Management
Q.1 A) Select the correct option and rewrite the sentences.
1) The functions of management start with …………… function.
2) The functions of management end with ……………
3) …………… sets out standards for controlling.
4) Organization function is important for execution of the plans which have been prepared by …………… management.
a) top level
b) middle level
c) lower level
5) …………… is the function which supports to activate the plans with the help of employees.
6) …………… is the function of execution according to the plan and the organizational structure.
7) …………… arranges the work in such a way that minimum conflicts are raised.
Q.1 B) Match the pairs.
|Group A||Group B|
|a) Planning||1) It is the process of instructing, guiding, communicating and motivating.|
|b) Organizing||2) It is an integration and synchronization of the efforts of group.|
|c) Staffing||3) Deciding in advance what to do, how to do, when to do and who is to do it.|
|d) Directing||4) Management is what manager does.|
|e) Coordinating||5) To focus on the role of manager.|
|6) Decides the ways and means to achieve what has been planned.|
|7) It is the process of comparing the actual performance with the pre-determined standard performance.|
|8) It is a set of principles.|
|9) It is the process of recruiting, selecting, placing and remunerating.|
|10) To manage is to forecast and plan.|
a. 3) Deciding in advance what to do, how to do, when to do and who is to do it.
b. 6) Decides the ways and means to achieve what has been planned.
c. 9) It is the process of recruiting, selecting, placing and remunerating.
d. 1) It is the process of instructing, guiding, communicating and motivating.
e. 2) It is an integration and synchronization of the efforts of group.
Q.1 C) Give one word/phrase/term for the following statements.
1) The right person at the job with right pay.
2) A person who shows the correct path as well as guides employees in solving the problems.
3) First function of management.
4) Last function of management.
5) It is an intellectual process of logical thinking and rational decision making.
6) The term that is used to denote the structure.
7) It is the process of attracting, recruiting, selecting, placing, appraising and remunerating the people.
8) The process that leads the employees towards the accomplishment of organizational goals.
9) It increases the team spirit of work place.
10) It is the process of comparing the actual performance with the predetermined standard performance.